St. Peter Church began serving the Slovak and Croatian immigrants in Dauby, a rural area west of Ashland, in 1916.
The original wood frame building still houses the church, although significant improvements were made. A partial basement was built in 1947, a kitchen, social hall and restrooms were added in 1995, and a shrine in honor of Our Lady of Lourdes was constructed in 1972.
Although always a mission (first of St. Michael the Archangel Parish in Iron River, later of Ss. Peter and Paul in Moquah, and, since 1992, of St. Michael again), St. Peter Parish is committed to faith formation and development with an active religious education program for youth. Adult programs include Bible study, altar society and a Knights of Columbus chapter.
Copyright © 2021 CATHOLIC COMMUNITIES OF THE Ashland CLUSTER - All Rights Reserved.